Nettie Navy dress

Thursday, June 05, 2014


Hello everyone! So summer is here I hear! Looking forward to summer sewing? I definitely am! Many sewing happenings are taking place right now around the sewing blogosphere. Voting for Sewing Indie Month is starting today and ending at the 13th of June and an different and really interesting contest, the Knitcation contest is taking place over at Coletterie.  You basically have to use Colette's Mabel and/or Moneta patterns to create a 7-day wardrobe for a (real or imagined) trip. This sounds really interesting! 

But over to this dress now! This is my very first Nettie dress. If you don't know about the Nettie pattern by now I have to think you're leaving under a rock. Nettie bodysuit and dress pattern is the newest pattern from Closet Case patterns created by the lovely Heather Lou. Heather's blog is one of my favorites to read and her makes are an instant inspiration for me! When the pattern launched my first reaction was finally! Someone spotted the gaps in the pattern industry. But Nettie is not an ordinary pattern! The pattern has two options, one is a bodysuit version and the other one is a dress. But it doesn't stop there. It also includes a choice of 3 sleeve lengths, 2 necklines and 3 back variations (a high, a medium and a low back!!!). Multi-pattern or what? 

For my first version I went with the 3/4 sleeves, scoop neck and medium back. I used a 2-way stretch, medium weight striped knit fabric. I sewed a straight size 10, but it turned out to be a little big in the bust and as a result the shoulders are dropping if much movement is involved. I will try to fix this, but next time I definitely have to go with an 8 for the bust. 
I seriously love this pattern. The possibilities are endless, the drafting is amazing and the instructions are really clear and easy to follow. I love seeing versions of this pattern all around the internet and I' m already planning my next version. You're definitely going to see more of this pattern around here!


So what about you? Have you caught the Nettie bug yet?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Suuuuuper cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, thanks doll! I saw this on instagram briefly last night but I was too white wine tipsy to comment - so good. Your hair with that fabric is like a postcard of awesomeness! I've been on a hunt for a similar stripe but its hard to find in 4way lycra (Though I made a request with Heather at Girl Charlee to keep her eyes open!) I need to make a bunch more of these too... so good for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love this so so much! I can't wait to make a Nettie.

    ReplyDelete