Nettie vol.2

Thursday, June 19, 2014


So summer is officially here! Sky-high temperatures are here for good and any garment that can give proper coverage with minimum amount of fabric touching the skin is a must. Enter my second Nettie. I loved my first version, but wanted to make a dress more appropriate for summer as well. This time I cut a size 8 for the bust and graded to a size 10 for the waist and hips. This definitely fixed the dropping shoulder problem from my first version. I made the scoop front, medium back version, omitted the sleeves and just hemmed the armholes by turning 1 cm under. For this version I used  the leftover jersey fabric from my Hemlock tee.

I already raved and showed my love for this pattern and Heather's creativity. Nettie is definitely an addiction! Once you make one, you can't stop making them. I see many more versions coming.

So how about you? Have you make a Nettie? 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. looks great on you! i'm crazy about netties too, by the and of the summer i might have 20 of them in my wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  2. nettie is wonderful, isnt't she? so versatile! i like the idea of a sleeveless nettie too! yours is great, a true wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I've made three Netties so far! I love this sleeveless dress version. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a babe. Love this sexy summer number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so hot on you!!!

    ReplyDelete